Snoring is known to affect more than half the world’s population, cutting across boundaries and ethnicity. According to statistics, old men and women are on top of the list of habitual snores, followed by middle-aged men. It may seem irrelevant as to why a person has taken to snoring, but what actually matters are the health hazards related to snoring as chronic snoring causes sleep deprecation which leads to other issues like heart disease, stroke and hypertension.
Some common reason for excessive snoring due to overweight, smoking, drinking, having too much dairy products and living sedentary lifestyle. If you belong to above categories, start reduce smoking and drinking, eat healthily and exercise more. There are many people out there who have chronic snoring problems which starts small and progress thus affecting their family life, leading to health issues and broken relationship. Chronic snoring is not easy to put up on a nightly basis as it can be ongoing problems which leads to stress and long-term health effects. The secret to overcoming this problems is determining what exactly is causing you to snoring. Below are some tips on how to stop snoring:
- Use a thick or multiple pillows – Expert suggest s by sleeping on a thick pillow, your head will be raised. If use multiple pillows, you will get the same result. This method has proven to give relief to individuals seeking help for snoring.
- Use Muscle relaxants – You can use tranquilizers before sleeping. This will ensure your muscles are relaxed and your air passage is unblocked.
- Avoid dairy products – certain dairy products build up mucus in your air passage, so avoid them.
- Lose some weight – If you already overweight, you need to lose some weight to increase the air passage into your nostril.
- Sleep sideways – Sleeping on your side instead of your back will also help to prevent snoring.
- Follow a regular sleeping routine – You tend to snore when you are tired, or when you sleep late. This becomes a complicated problem when you do not have a regular bedtime hours.
- Use nasal strips – Nasal strips open your air passage when you sleep. Use them during bed time.
- Don’t forget to consult your doctor about snoring remedies. there are some prescribed treatments like anti snoring pills.
Fixing your snoring problems can take you a long way and give you a more peaceful existence with your loved ones. Don’t let there be any more excuses to stop snoring to get a quality night;s sleep and live better life.