Windows Operating System has several features integrated in it which sometimes is often forgotten by users. One of the features is a built-in Windows Disk Cleanup that can clean junk files that are not needed, such as Office temporary files and report errors that already age for a few months.
You can use the Disk Cleanup feature on the drive (HDD) to clean drive or partition used for OS which is usually a bit dirty, but did not rule out another drive is dirty too.
To use this feature, ffollow the instructions below:
- Open it through Click on the Start Menu -> in the Search Box type Disk Cleanup
- Select Disk Cleanup
- This will bring up a new window, select which drive you want to cleanup
- Wait a few moments to allow calculating process of available space that can be free up, then you will see a new window
- Next, you can do the cleaning by ticking the files you want to delete for example the Downloaded Program Files, Temporary Internet Files, Miscrosoft Error Reporting Temporary Files, etc.
- After you run Disk Cleanup and cleaned up files that you do not want anymore, your PC will run faster, and has more disk space than before. This feature allows you to use in Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7.