3R’s are Reduce, Reuse and Recycle, these are the way on how to help reducing environmental impacts simultaneously save money and make our life more sustainable. First of all, if we want to reduce our impact on the environment we have to reduce the amount of resources we consume and use on our daily life. Start thinking twice before we buy or use anything, if we don,t buy for sure we don’t use , if we don’t use we already reduce our consumption and lead to less impact on our environment. simple huh? For example instead of buying books, Dvd movies better you borrow or exchange with your friends.If you really need to buy then buy smartly by purchase high quality products that long lasting. Its okay to pay more now because you are not going to replace it regularly.
Reduce your waste at work , Reuse and Recycle.
Here are the steps to reduce the waste, reuse and recycle :
– When we must print or copy, do it double sided.
– Rather than making individual copy for everyone, circulate documents.
– Send and store documents electronically instead on paper, use email to minimize paper use.
– When draft report or paperworks edit it on screen not on paper , think before print or photocopy.
– Reduce the margin on Microsoft Word documents from default margin 1.25 inches to 0.75 inches and the result is 5% saving on paper use.
Reduce Energy Consumption = Save money and less environmental Impacts.
Save energy with these steps:
– Purchase only energy-efficient products. Look for energy-saving ENERGY STAR home electronics.
– When Purchasing computers and peripherals, buy low wattage equipment.
– Turn off computers and other electrical appliances when they are not in use.
– Minimize use of screen savers instead enable power management features.
– Unplug battery chargers when the batteries are fully charged or the chargers are not in use.
– Use florescent bulbs instead of incandescent bulbs which consume a lot of energy.
– Always turn off unused or unneeded lights.
– Try to use natural lighting instead of electrical lighting whenever possible.
– Keeps windows and doors closed in heated and air-conditioned areas.
– Don’t keep your refrigerator or freezer too cold. It will consume a lot of energy.
– Regularly defrost manual-defrost refrigerators and freezers.
– When washing your laundry, wash and dry full loads.
– Go air-drying clothes on clothes lines or drying racks instead of washing machine dryer.